These rules are very similar to the Golden Rules of Skincare but there are specific ones added for sensitive skin
- If wearing makeup – use a gentle makeup remover to remove your makeup at night.
- After washing off your makeup at night always wash your face again so there is no residue on top of your skin.
- Use a gentle cleanser.
- Avoid creams and washes with beads or soaps in them.
- Serums and moisturisers are best applied when skin has just been washed and is slightly damp
- Any active ingredients in treatments- leave them for night time so the sun or your daytime creams do not interfere with them
- Avoid apply creams with active ingredients (anti-aging, blemish ) around the eye area. This area is very fragile and sensitive.
- If you are trying a new skincare range, always introduce one cream at a time. It makes it much easier to figure out if you are having a reaction.
- If any treatment is stinging on your face for longer than 2-3 seconds- wash it off immediately and moisturise your skin.
- Avoid harsh methods of hair removal on your face- threading or bleaching is much more gentle.
- Avoid washing your face or having a shower in water that is too hot. Luke-warm to cold water is best for your face.
- In summertime if you are outside between 9am – 5pm either wear a sunscreen or stick to the shade to prevent premature ageing.
- In winter the timings for sunscreen is 11am – 2pm
- Listen to your skin- if it’s dry- moisturise it, if it’s oily do not smother it.
- Be gentle with your skin- no harsh rubbing or scrubbing
- Do not exercise with makeup or sunscreen.
- Always use hand-washes that are 100% soap free
- When washing dishes or using any household detergents try and wear gloves
- Use a hand-cream regularly to strengthen up the barrier of your skin
NECK & CHEST
- Remember the skin on your neck and chest is very similar to your face
- Treat it with the same care that you would your face.