The following rules are for all skin types:
- Always wash your face at night before going to bed. Use a cleanser that is suited to your skin type.
- Apply serums (thinner liquids) before creams.
- Serums and moisturisers are best applied when skin has just been washed and is slightly damp
- Any active ingredients in treatments- leave them for night time so the sun or your daytime creams do not interfere with them
- Avoid apply creams with active ingredients (anti-aging, blemish ) around the eye area. This area is very fragile and sensitive.
- In summertime if you are outside between 9am – 5pm either wear a sunscreen or stick to the shade to prevent premature ageing.
- In winter the timings for sunscreen is 11am – 2pm
- Listen to your skin- if it’s dry- moisturise it, if it’s oily do not smother it.
- Be gentle with your skin- no harsh rubbing or scrubbing
- Try and not go to the gym with makeup- most skin types will become congested
- Always use hand-washes that are 100% soap free
- When washing dishes or using any household detergents try and wear gloves
- Use a hand-cream regularly to strengthen up the barrier of your skin
NECK & CHEST
- Remember the skin on your neck and chest is very similar to your face
- Treat it with the same care that you would your face.